2015 South Dakota Plumbing Code w/Tabs
The 2015 edition of the South Dakota Plumbing Code (SDPC) represents the most current approaches in the plumbing field. This code is embedded with the 2015 Edition of the Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC®) with the South Dakota amendments. It is the fifth edition developed under the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) process. Contributions to the content of this code were made by every segment of the built industry, including such diverse interests as consumers, enforcing authorities, installers/maintainers, labor, manufacturers, research/standards/ testing laboratories, special experts, and users.
The SDPC is designed to provide consumers with safe and sanitary plumbing systems while, at the same time, allowing latitude for innovation and new technologies. Key changes to the 2015 SDPC include:
• New product standards and flow rates for plumbing fixtures and fixture fittings. (Chapter 4).
• Lead-content provisions have been revised to address the minimum acceptable percentage lead content for pipes and fittings (Chapter 6).
• New provisions for residential fire sprinkler systems (Chapter 6).
• New requirements for the discharge piping serving a temperature relief valve, pressure relief valve, or combination of both (Chapter 6).
• New testing requirements for the hot and cold water supply system (Chapter 6).
• Additional materials added for drain, waste, and vent pipe and fittings (Chapter 7).
• New testing requirement for drain, and vent piping (Chapter 7).
• Additional venting methods for island sinks (Chapter 9).